Our mascots for Finn Harps v Sligo Rovers were Arlo and Alice McBrearty, who joined us along with their dad Conor, who is a Harps diehard now based in London.
Questions for Conor
1) What’s it like following Harps from London and how pleased are you to be attending tonight?
I really miss the match days as I used to go home and away before I moved to London. LOITV is fantastic and allows me to follow the games. Really enjoy getting back for the games and seeing all the familiar faces as this a real community club.
2) When did you start supporting Harps and what are your earliest Finn Park memories?
Sunday afternoon kickoffs in the early 1990’s also I was there for the UCD game on the first night of floodlights. Also tough memories of the Athlone playoff final in 1995 at St Mel’s Park and Micheal O’Connor’s winning penalty
3) Who are your all time Harps heroes and why?
Kevin McHugh, what a legend and such a sound lad. Declan Boyle, Jonny Speak and Tom Mohan were just class and real professionals of the game.
4) What are your hopes for the future of the club?
Sitting in our new stadium watching European matches in 5 years (Optimistic maybe, lol)
Questions for Arlo & Alice
1) Which is the greatest football team in the whole wide world? Finn harps..only kids in the school who support the mighty harps. Mainly arsenal and Chelsea. Alice really loves the Finn Harps song and knows all the words
2) What is your favourite TV programme and your favourite book?
Paddington Bear and Peter Rabbit
3) What is your favourite food?
Pasta and Pizza
4) Why is it important for both Footballers & children to eat healthy to eat food that’s good for you?
Helps them run and score goals and it helps you grow strong and tall
5) Who is the best footballer in the family?
Arlo and Alice they said they are better than Daddy
6) Who would win in a boxing match 1) Superman 2)Batman 3) Harper the Finn Harps mascot
Batman he is the best